Saturday, January 23, 2010

De-funked

Another week of january is coming to an end.

I suppose i can say lots have happened during the span of these few weeks. The two almost broke up, but, surprise, surprise...only to find themselves back in each other's arms. Tsk-tsk, children! And then there was the whole facebook fiasco that i don't think merits a narration here, nope! But i won't deny that these two incidents along with the much debated P-trip were enough to send me spiraling into a state of deep despair and denial.

Although i went about doing my job by the weekdays, duly filed my sabbatical application, taught my class, never failed to attend or chair any of my numerous committees, cracked jokes with colleagues in the department hallways, worked on my grants and guided my advisees, i failed to guide myself out of that funk.

Come friday i would take to the bed and just stay there, feeling quite like the big blond, disenchanted, vacant and often in a mood to falter.

I fancied taking up drinking, but luckily or unluckily my lack of the alcohol breaking enzyme made this a rather bitter and short experiment. I even took a longing look at the unused bottle of sleeping pills and toyed with the idea of testing their might. But the uncertainty of me being able to see the results of the said test stopped my curiosity on its track. I started going to the gym with a vengeance only to come back with more energy to fuel my funk. I tried to get together with my friends, but the moment they left i was back in my funk.

I was still in there, as late as of yesterday.

Now i am not.

Wish i knew the reason but i think i have a pretty good idea.

0 comments: