Friday, February 19, 2010

Turning point?

Gloomy day, no sun in sight.

Wasted one hour researching replacement grant laptop since school's authorized reseller doesn't keep the thinner than air sony i chose (:-) and might i say got approved!). The reseller's database was huge but devoid of any sense of style. Come on, just cause i am a university faculty doesn't mean that i'd have to buy into your taste. Seriously, the guy tried to sell this new brillo-proof HPs to me, like when will i ever have the time to do that kind of damage to my laptop?!! So yeah, in the end i have decided to argue my case and buy the one i chose in the first place and get reimbursed, i am certain that i shall win. Trust you me!

Have quite a few recos to write, in addition have evaluaions to do. Damn, and mountains of grant-related shit (i dunno why co-PIs exist cause they really do nothing in my experience so far). Not looking forward to the first batch of task, hmm...suffices to say these are not my star students. Although i try to accentuate the positive qualities in each one, it is not in my hand to turn the day into night.

Sigh.

L: Hey there girl-friend, a penny for your thought? Qu'en pensez-vous?
R: De rien.

L: Aww, you could tell me.
R: Je demande la vérité, even if it's not what i want it to be.

L: That's a fair expectation, so go ahead, figure it out, what's stopping you?
R: Il m'a dit que j'ai eu tort.

L: And do you believe him?
R: Non, la raison, il ne l'a pas.

L: I see. And you want me to be the judge?
R: Quel autre?

L: Alright. I suppose it's still about the p-trip. Or is it the cruise now?
R: Oui, principalement c'est le voyage, il m'a dit que c'était seulement pour les hommes, et les filles, c'était comme si elles n'etaient pas existées là. Mais je ne suis pas d'accord. Of course they were there. Je les ai vues avec mes yeux et en plus je les ai vues avec ses yeux. Il s'est amusé bien avec elles, bien sûr, quelle audace pour me dire autrement! Ben, je vous offre une petite exemple. Il m'a dit lui-même qu'une fille, elle était ses orielles pour la traduction, en ajoutant, that they "made a good team" And he dare tell me it was as if they were not there!

L: Mais oui, vous avez raison. One cannot enjoy something unless it exists for them. Eating a fruit from a tree is your admission that the tree bears fruit. Alors, il est encore jeune, mon amie, il ne comprend pas telle chose.
R: Help me then? Tell me what i should do.

L: Je suis désolée, i can only dispense judgement. La décision, c'est toute la vôtre!

0 comments: